The Office of International Education is committed to suppporting, promoting and celebrating individuals in an intercultural environment. We facilitate cross-cultural exploration, perspectives and initiatives. OIE promotes and coordinates campus exchange and study abroad programs and acts as liaison to the university for international students.
- To provide quality support services for students and act as liaison to QF, HBKU and other external partners.
- To enhance the cultural competence of students so they may engage in meaningul and respectful intercultural interactions.
- To increase awareness of diversity and its impact within the Carnegie Mellon Qatar community and beyond.
- To create opportunities for deeper engagement and learning from programs aimed at connecting Qatar and Pittsburgh students.
- Pizza & Politics
- International Day: Connecting Cultures
- World Religion Day
- Culture and Cuisine
- Diversity Diaries Presentations
Study Abroad and Exchange Programs and Activities
- IMPAQT: Initiating Meaningful Pittsburgh and Qatar Ties
- Campus Exchange to Pittsburgh
- Summer Study/Research in Pittsburgh
- Campus Exchange to Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Incoming exchange program from CMU Pittsburgh and SMU
- Pre-Departure Orientation Sessions for University Sponsored Trips