Contracts & Procurement
Procurement assists faculty and staff in obtaining timely, high quality products and services utilizing good business practices and professional ethics.
Like our campus in Pittsburgh, the Qatar campus also needs to procure a vast array of items necessary to teach, perform research, etc. Therefore, our department facilitates and assists in procurement related activities. These activities can include, but are not limited to; Issuance of Purchase Orders, Tartan Card and Internal Campus purchases.
For any procurement related inquiries we encourage you to contact Shayan NoorMohamed at 4454-8585 or by e-mail.
- Policies & Procedures
Other Important Information
- Professional Service Agreement
- Terms and Conditions Review
- Subscriptions and Web Based Services
- Software and Hardware Purchases
- Purchase Orders: An on-line form within the University’s automated purchasing system (Oracle), used to formally document the purchase of the goods and/or services when the procurement card is not used. For more information about purchase orders and the related paperwork, please refer to the Procurement Summary.
- Tartan Cards: The university credit cards facilitate the acquisition of various goods and services. The traditional purchase order process is followed for those purchases not included in the purchasing card process. For more information about the university T.C, please refer to Tartan Card policy.
- Professional Service Agreements: All services provided by external suppliers require an agreement signed with the university before the delivery of the services.
- Honorarium: A payment to an individual to symbolize respect, and show gratitude for the services provided to the University. Honorarium is often given in lieu of reimbursing expenses; this is a one-time event and not to an employee of the university. Honorarium Letter must be completed and signed by the recipient and the University before the delivery of services.
- Donations: Donations are paid by the university to outside organizations such as direct payments, purchase of a table or sponsorship of an event. The Donation Routing Form needs to be filled out and signed before the initiation of the payment.
Other Important Information
Professional Service Agreements
All services provided by external suppliers require an agreement signed with the university before the delivery of the services. Services can be delivered by a vendor, vendor’s software or via internet (web-based services). The authority to sign contracts is governed by the university policy for Authorized Signatures. Please fill out the “Request for Contract/Review of Ts&Cs for Commodities & Services Template” and forward it along with the supporting documentation (Vendor proposal, bid checklist, and vendor forms if applicable) to initiate drafting a contract.
Terms and Conditions Review
Some commodities and services have usage terms and conditions (Ts&Cs) offered by the seller. These Ts&Cs need to be reviewed and accepted by the university contracts office prior to placing the order. Please fill out the “Request for Contract/Review of Ts&Cs for Commodities & Services Template” and forward it to finance along with the applicable Ts&Cs.
Subscriptions and Web Based Services
Please fill out the “Request for Contract/Review of Ts&Cs for Commodities & Services Template” and forward it to finance along with the applicable Ts&Cs to the finance department for approval. In case the web-based services involve adding/downloading software, and interacting with the internal CMU-Q system, IT will need to review and approve terms and conditions. Please use CMUQ_IT Request Form_003 for requesting IT approval and send it to the IT Help Center.
Hardware and Software Purchases
Hardware and Software purchases are processed in coordination with IT. Please forward purchasing requests to IT to secure IT approval prior to submitting any paperwork to us.There are computer-related items that are frequently requested and pose no threat to the CMUQ infrastructure. The below listed items do NOT require IT approval and the purchase request can be sent directly to finance EXCEPT when the purchase is coming out of the IT budget or the requestor has an expectation that IT will provide some type of support for the device.
- Accessories for your laptop/desktop computer such as External Hard Drivers, Keyboard/Mice, USB Hubs, Headphones, Cameras, LCD Monitors, DVD Players, Scanners, Power cords, Adapters etc.
- All end user computing devices (laptops, desktops, and tablets) with the total cost up to $4,999.00 from the following authorized resellers: Dell, Lenovo, Apple.
- Personal/Office Projectors (as opposed to classroom/conference room projectors).
- Other stand-alone electronic equipment that doesn’t connect to the wired or wireless network.
Please follow the link to see the procurement services menus for a complete and updated list of forms.
Vendor Forms: Vendor forms are the forms needed to add a new vendor to our Oracle System. For more information about the required forms, please see the Supplier Forms Checklist.
Bid Checklist Form: Must be completed for purchase orders or Procurement Card transactions that equal or exceed $5000 and that are committed to a non-Preferred Supplier.
Request for Contract/Review of Terms and Conditions Form: Please complete this form and forward it to the buyer to request a contract or review of terms and conditions for goods & services.
Donation Routing Form: This form is required to be completed for all donations and should be attached to the request for payment or the purchase order.
University Store Requisition Form: If you would like to place an order with the University Store, please fill out the attached form and send it to the buyer for processing.
University Computer Store Requisition Form: If you would like to place an order with the Computer Store, please fill out this form and send it to the Buyer for processing.